Friday, May 30, 2008

Layered Cuff with Gold Detail






























S
ince I have so many bits of test pieces and things that I've been playing around with, I thought it was about time I made up something! So here's the result! A cuff put together with my cast patterned wax pieces, etched plate, wire work and a couple of things thrown in here and there, and I have to say that I really like it! Of course while making it I realized there were many weak spots and areas that could have been done better so although it is not necessarily a wearable piece, it is a beautiful juxtaposition of elements I have been working with, and definitely the first exciting step for me in some form of a direction! =)


Just from working on the piece and analyzing the result, I have had some exciting sparks of new ideas and think that this could lead to a range of different cuffs.

No comments: