Monday, July 7, 2008

The BARE Exhibition

A local shop Bare put on a showing of new upcoming jewellery designers which I took part in. It was very exciting for me and a means of pushing myself and as pressured as it was, I really enjoyed just getting stuck in and manufacturing. I found that while making one piece it would spark ideas for other pieces, and through this chain reaction a progression of work took place that I was considerably surprised with at the end.
































These are two pendants I made for the exhibition, The top one I again tried to retain structure and use negative space to enhance the beautiful pattern on the central piece. The second domed pendant I tried to create a feminine lacey touch, with an old-worldly feel. I was surprised to find that this was the piece out of all that most people liked.

No comments: