Thursday, April 17, 2008

Testing the waters...

It's about time I tried out some reppousse! After gathering a few pointers from fellow students, I plucked up the courage to finally grab a pitch bowl and get to it. I started with a fly pressed oval dome (as I was thinking about a locket) but realised very quickly that my technique was nowhere near good enough to jump straight to that, so I took a step backwards and began on a flat copper plate. It was very challenging, and the outcome was dreadful to say the least, but I'd started....

A bit dispondant but determined, I tried again on a piece of silver plate, slightly thicker, and the result was far from good enough but most definately an improvement! I would really like to persevere in this and try and develop my reppousse and chasing. I know it's going to be a slow and frustrating path to take but with patience I'm sure I will gain alot of experience and satisfaction in the long run.

First Attempt



















Second Attempt


















No comments: